Works

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Rain

                      The Rain
                                               - Johnny vas

There was a lovely girl…  Joyful and small.
Came to me on a cloudy day and said
Hey dear brother... what a lovely day.
 I'm waiting for the rain to fall today.
I'll dance in the rain.
I'll hop in the water.
I also make paper boats to play in the stream.
I'll watch them sailing till the end of the street.

She was anxious and excited to welcome the rain.
She sat near the window looked up and smiled.
Looking at the sky for the rain to fall.

She waited and waited but the Rain never showed.
She then came to me crying and sorrowed.
Poor girl was so upset and broken.
I ought to solace her so I cuddled her and said
Oh my lovely sister please don’t cry.
The rain didn’t fall as the earth failed to pay.
so when it pays the God. The due amount
He will send the rain back to earth.

I wiped her tears and she smiled at me
She then ran back to her place with some thought in her mind
And came back fast with a piggy bank in her hands.
 Gave it to me and said.
Please ask god to take this as the Debt.
And send me the rain back.

 I was amused by her.

We both knelt down and prayed to him.
"Oh Dear Lord. The kindliest one.

Please accept this [piggy bank] for the sake of the earth.
We promise to you that we'll help it to clear the debt.

Have mercy on us and deliver us the rain.
So this beautiful girl can rejoice again."

I opened my eyes but she kept praying...
Telling the god how desperately she needs the rain.
I wonder why she likes it so much.

The very next day it started to rain.
She looked peachy and bright feeling the rain.
I know it is god who certainly did it.
Because he never failed to answer a poor girls dream.

---- End ----

No comments:

Post a Comment